Reaching Your Readers
A Panel about Building a Platform and Selling a Book
Imagine with me: You're finishing your book. You've decided how to publish it and gotten it edited. You like your cover design. Now what?
Your job is not yet done. It's up to you to reach the people that could benefit from your book. What does this mean?
- It might be building a platform, that is, a list of people who have indicated they are interested in what you have to say, either by subscribing to your newsletter or following you on social media. These are people you can notify when your book comes out.
- It might be managing a launch day so that your book gets some initial momentum by showing up as a number 1 pick in multiple categories.
- It might be getting yourself invited to podcasts to speak about your expertise -- and mention your book for those that need to know more.
- It might be seeking new writing opportunities where you can reach people and reference your book.
- It might be hiring a public relations expert to help you get your message out there.
Join our panel of five who have experiences and suggestions to share. Three have published books during the COVID pandemic. Two are experts at different aspects of social media. We will have a lively discussion about what they learned from experience, what they're glad they did, and what they would do differently next time.
If you have any specific questions on this topic, either include them in your registration or send them to Kathryn by the Friday before the event.
This is the 7th webinar in the Theano series about building the entire craft of writing, including getting words to the right audiences. For the list, visit the webinar descriptions page. To view recordings of the whole series, you can choose a subscribe option to register. This recording will become part of our ongoing webinar series.
There is a nominal charge to attend or view the recording. If you want access to the recording, register for the meeting even if you can't attend.
Those that have already subscribed to the webinar series can attend without charge. Subscribers will receive an email with the code to register for free. It's also on the top of the webinar recording page that they can access.